US Lawmaker Warns Terrorists in Nigeria: “Don’t Test Trump’s Resolve”
Last update: May 18, 2026
Disclaimer: This website may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase. We only recommend products or services that we personally use and believe will add value to our readers. Your support is appreciated!

A US congressman says a recent joint Nigeria–US military operation that eliminated a top ISIS leader sends a strong warning to terrorists targeting Christians in Nigeria.
According to reporting from cbinews.tv, United States lawmaker Riley Moore has issued a strong warning to terrorist groups operating in Nigeria, saying they should not “test the resolve” of former US President Donald Trump following a deadly joint military operation.
Moore credited Trump with ordering the operation that reportedly killed Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, described as ISIS’s second-in-command globally. He said the strike sends a clear message to extremist groups targeting Christians in Nigeria.
In a televised interview on NewsNation, Moore stressed that those responsible for violence against Christians would be tracked down and brought to justice. He also reiterated his support for what he described as Trump’s firm stance on religious persecution.
“Do not test President Trump’s resolve,” Moore warned, adding that the administration remained focused on protecting Christian communities in Nigeria from attacks by radical extremist groups.
He further explained that US engagement in Nigeria has increased since the country was designated a “nation of particular concern” in October last year. According to him, Trump personally tasked him with investigating reports of Christian persecution.
Moore said he visited Nigeria alongside members of the House Appropriations Committee and submitted a report to the White House with recommendations aimed at protecting vulnerable communities.
He also noted that US involvement in Nigeria is not new, tracing it back over a decade to the rise of Boko Haram and ongoing instability in the region.
Meanwhile, Nigeria’s Defence Headquarters confirmed that al-Minuki was killed in a precision strike in the Lake Chad Basin. Officials described him as a highly influential terrorist commander who played a major role in ISIS operations, including weapons development, drone activity, and propaganda networks.
Security reports suggest he may have recently been promoted to a senior global leadership position within ISIS before his death. He had also been under US sanctions since 2023 and was previously linked to Boko Haram activities, including the 2018 Dapchi schoolgirls abduction.
#Nigeria #ISIS #Terrorism #Security #LakeChad #BokoHaram #USPolitics #RileyMoore #DonaldTrump #CounterTerrorism #BreakingNews #AfricaSecurity #CBINews

