Uganda Health Ministry Denies US-Funded Ebola Treatment Centres
Last update: May 21, 2026
Disclaimer: This website may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase. We only recommend products or services that we personally use and believe will add value to our readers. Your support is appreciated!

Confusion is swirling over alleged US-funded Ebola treatment clinics in Uganda, but the country’s Health Ministry says it has no idea they exist.
Uganda’s Ministry of Health has come out to firmly deny any knowledge of reported US-funded Ebola treatment centres said to be set up in the country.
In a rather direct clarification shared on its official X account, the ministry said it was never consulted or involved in the establishment of the facilities and, as things stand, it has no information on where such centres might actually be located.
“Regarding #Uganda, the Ministry of Health has not been engaged on the establishment of the treatment centres referred to here, and we are therefore not aware of where they may have been set up within the country,” the ministry stated.
It went further to reassure the public that Uganda’s Ebola situation remains under control, noting that the country has only recorded two imported cases so far — one resulting in a fatality and the other patient currently receiving treatment and responding well.
The ministry also emphasised that there are no local transmissions at present and insisted that the country remains safe.
The clarification follows a statement from a United States foreign assistance agency, which announced that funding was being channelled towards setting up as many as 50 Ebola treatment clinics across affected regions in both the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda. The initiative is being coordinated primarily through UNOCHA.
According to the US agency, the clinics are designed to strengthen outbreak response and containment efforts across the region. It also noted that the emergency response includes surveillance, laboratory support, risk communication, safe burials, border screening, and clinical case management.
Meanwhile, reports from the US Department of State indicate that around $13 million was raised within 48 hours to support Ebola response efforts in both the DRC and Uganda.
Despite the external announcements, Uganda’s health authorities are maintaining their position: no confirmed local Ebola outbreak, no officially recognised treatment centres, and continued monitoring of the situation.
As reported by cbinews.tv, the conflicting narratives have raised questions about coordination and communication between international response agencies and national health authorities during fast-moving public health emergencies.
#Uganda #Ebola #HealthNews #PublicHealth #WHO #UNOCHA #DRC #BreakingNews #AfricaNews #HealthSecurity #cbinewsTV

