El Rufai Spends Night in EFCC Custody
Last update: February 17, 2026
Disclaimer: This website may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase. We only recommend products or services that we personally use and believe will add value to our readers. Your support is appreciated!

Former Kaduna state governor, Nasir El Rufai spent the night at an EFCC detention centre.
A former Governor of Kaduna State, Malam Nasir El-Rufai spent Monday night in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). CBI News notes that Muyiwa Adekeye, his media aide, had earlier confirmed this on Monday night.
El-Rufai, who honoured the invitation of the anti-graft agency on Monday morning, has been answering questions from detectives.
At 10:07pm, Adekeye tweeted: ”UPDATE: Malam Nasir @elrufai today honoured the invitation extended to him by the EFCC. He had a frank and fruitful interaction with the EFCC officials, whom his counsel noted were entirely professional in their approach and conduct. He remains with the EFCC.”
Sources are said to have revealed that detectives grilled El-Rufai over alleged fraud during his tenure as governor of Kaduna from 2015 to 2023.
The Department of State Services also filed charges against him for allegedly bugging the phone of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser.
While speaking on ARISE Television over the weekend, El-Rufai had said someone tapped Ribadu’s phone and heard him ordering his arrest.

